giovedì 9 gennaio 2014

Who is the person behind the photos?

I' m behind the photos and I’m even inside the pictures. It’s the detail I love the most, to be the eye and the body of your own creation, the jing and the jang, the good part and the mistake, biunique canal where to put all your lights and shades.



How did you discover photography and what makes you keep on doing it?
I always lived with pictures side by side. My mother used to shoot with the camera I’m still using now and my sister used to draw (she has a very good hand - I hate her) so I’ve always been sorrounded by visual perception and interpretation of reality, with different approaches to it. The photography chooses me because I've always felt the same instinct to express my personal universe but my hand was not so good to translate my thoughts on the paper, maybe my eyes could supply this missing (sarcastic laugh).

Is there anything you want express with your works?
My inner temple, what live and pulse inside my chest, my stomach, my blood. I’m not so arrogant to believe that I’m the “only one” to feel in a certain way, so I free my demons instead of fighting them, I take their hands and walk with them, show their figure to all the people that have the eyes to see and to understand (and I say this to myself before others most of times) that we are different parts of the same big thing (humanity) and what’s inside me can be inside you as well. I firmly believe that if we spent a glimpse of our time (but for real!) to search inside us and make things clear out of the mess we are individually, we could have a sensible benefit in our lives as a community (because we actually are one, what a surprise!), but it costs efforts and pains and just few illuminated people understand that this is the only path to walk to improve as human beings.


Which artist would you like to work with?
There are many replies to this answer. The first of all, I have to admit, will be Francesca Woodman, if she was still alive, because I breathe ad smell and taste her work, that is her life as well. She influences my neurons before my eyes and give me my intimate sense of decay inside beauty. The other name is an individuality so far from me that totally captured my attention years ago and makes me love him and his sharp eyes, even if it’s baroque in some chooses: Juergen Teller.


Tell us two bad habits you would like not have
Eating my nails until blood comes out and a schizophrenic relationship with food, that I hate most of time.


What are your passions besides photography?
My first love was writing and i’m still doing it. The more the time pass, the less words I use to talk about things and the sharper they get. Butterflies in the stomach and knives on the tongue.


What do you expect from your photographic future?
To be exactly like the present I have: unsure, bipolar, multi-functional, full of everything, my whole tiny life (and I’m not talking about job!).


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento