martedì 5 luglio 2011

Guest of the week: Raisa Christina

 Scusate per l'assenza ma per un tempo indeterminato mi limiterò a un solo post la settimana, naturalmente l'appuntamento settimanale sarà con "Guest of the week". Non solo fotografia. In queste ultime settimane mi sono imbattuta in moltissimi giovani e non che si dedicano al disegno e alla pittura. Una delle prime  a cui mi sono rivolta è stata la talentuosa Raisa Christina  che ci parla di sè in questo modo: 


Sometimes I feel that my memory is structured by portraits of people. When I remember the places where I went, in fact I first see the people I met in these places, not architectures or landscapes. I grew up enjoying the exercise of just looking at some human figures, observing their face details, body movements and accidentally falling in love with them. That’s why I only can draw and paint people. 


I was born in Quixadá, a small city located in Ceará, northeast of Brazil. Now I’m 24 years old and live in Fortaleza, where I graduated in Visual Arts and started to study audiovisual. I work occasionally as illustrator and also maintain the blog enquantocorposonoro.blogspot.com, in which I propose dialogues between my little texts and drawings. 


My dad is a great storyteller and I think his taste for stories influenced me a lot. This interest about narrative questions may be present someway in my work. I also realize that the musician is a constant character in the scenes I create. Music in itself is clearly a special inspiration that moves me to play with colors.


More on: Flickr - blog

2 commenti:

  1. Mi affaccio al tuo blog in punta di piedi. Rifletto un po', forse non abbastanza. Decido comunque di lasciare traccia del mio passaggio con questo commento per dirti di non scusarti: quel che conta non è la quantità di articoli ma la qualità.

    RispondiElimina
  2. Grazie per il passaggio balpa, spero continuerati a tornarci. A presto!

    RispondiElimina